As some of you probably noticed last season, 2021 was a weird year, and not just because two teams that hadn’t finished as high as fifth since 2018 won championships, but because it looked — in the case of Koshien Stadium and Jingu Stadium, that what we knew to be true no longer was.
In recent years, the spectrum of how much the main parks in Japan’s Central League influence offense has been pretty stable from most pitcher friendly to least:
- Nagoya (Vantelin) Dome, Chunichi Dragons
- Koshien Stadium, Hanshin Tigers
- Mazda Stadium, Hiroshima Carp
- Tokyo Dome, Yomiuri Giants
- Yokohama Stadium, DeNA BayStars
- Jingu Stadium, Yakult Swallows